Old September 28th 09, 07:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.books,rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.books,rec.arts.mystery
Dorothy J Heydt

Default Bookstores Around the World (rec.arts.books) (FAQ) (IMPORTANTUPDATE)

In article ,
DouhetSukd wrote:
On Sep 26, 9:10*pm, Butch Malahide wrote:
On Sep 25, 5:34*pm, DouhetSukd wrote:

Well, of course. If it's like most college bookstores, the only used
books it carries are textbooks for classes. Obviously the wrong place
to look for science fiction and fantasy; for that you want a used book
store.

Beg to differ. I would have gotten better grades in my EE courses had
my college bookstore had a more modest SF selection at the time.

Long, long ago, in the morning of the world when there was
less noise and more green, I took a summer course at
Stanford, which got me access to the library stacks. They had
a complete run of F&SF (up to that time, which was about 1960).
I had *such* a lovely time. I even got some coursework done
too, 'cause they also had the complete works of Federico
Garcia Lorca.

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California