Old March 11th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson

Default Finally saw a vending machine accepting $2 bills

In article
,
Duh_OZ wrote:

CTA - El stations have vending machines that accept $2 bills. Still
haven't found other's yet. Thinking back to my last Vegas trip -
I don't think I ever tried feeding any into slots. Anyone have luck
finding a machine accepting $2 bills?

I have found quite a few machines that take $2 bills, although
most are not labeled as taking them, and I haven't tried in too many
vending machines that sell soda or snacks.

Self-service car washes often take them, as do a few of the (annoying)
self-service checkout machines at supermarkets and home improvement
stores.

And why do the newspapers (that sell for 50 cents) vending machines
state "use any combination except pennies" but don't accept a half-
dollar. Ugh.

That has always annoyed me too. With the price of newspapers, you'd
think they'd not force you to put in a load of quarters just to buy the
paper.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson