Old May 12th 05, 09:59 PM
Cartrivision1

DeserTBoB wrote:
On 12 May 2005 00:09:35 -0700, "Cartrivision1"
wrote:
I'll disagree there. The best cassette decks ever made were from
Nakamichi and Denon.

Even the later model Nak decks did not have Dolby S as my Teac does.
The Teac V-8030s originally retailed for $1100 in 1995, and this model
represented the latest in cassette technology at the time that cassette
decks were on the way out. If you look at all of the features and
specs of a Nak Dragon compared with the Teac, I am sure the Teac would
win out easily. Plus you don't have the capatability problem with
other decks with the Teac as you do with Nak decks.

and it has a nice
facility for setting both level and Bias, as well as automatic tape
type selector. I really wanted to like the Quantegy's but they

ended
up being just average on the whole. snip

Your Teac model does indeed have variable bias current, but no
facility with which to test using standard 400/10KHz reference tones.
Here's how to do it:

The Teac has an excellent facility for setting optimal bias and
sensitivity settings for each kind of cassette tape depending on both
the tape type and manufacturer. But I do think that you are right that
setting the bias a bit higher will produce better high frequency
results.

LP