Old May 22nd 05, 06:32 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Scottishmoney wrote:

"oly" wrote in message
ups.com...
The 500 euro note is just one way that european politicans (especially
the French) pander to the world's drug dealers and to third-world tin
pot dictators. There is no other economic reason for its existence.

oly

I rarely have anything more than $20.00.

Good for you. Otherwise you could be mistaken for a drug dealer or, even
worse, one of those rotten Europeans by some g. I hardly ever use a
¤200 note, and the only time I have ever owned a ¤500 note was three
years ago - when I specifically asked for one at the bank, just because
I was curious.

On the other hand, we have "always" had 1000 DM notes in Germany. That
would be about 511 euro now - but 30 or 40 years ago, a thousand marks
would buy you much more of course. Similarly, the Swiss have a 1000 CHF
note - worth about 647 euro ...

Christian