Old July 1st 03, 02:03 AM
Doug Spade

Default New Issues (was: Stop Family Violence stamp)

"Bob Ingraham" wrote in message

The Purple Heart stamp is a standout, but then I've always liked the look

of
the medal. I will have to say I would rather not be the owner of one of
them, however. Getting shot can ruin your whole day, not to mention the

what
it does to the years that follow. Here's an image of the medal (back and
front) with the ribbon that goes with it:
http://www.brocksguns.com/images/medals/22000038%20PURPLE%20HEART.jpg

Agree with you on all of the above. The image of the medal and ribbon are
indeed impressive.

About the Stop Family Violence stamp: For my money, children and stamp
designs should not be mentioned in the same breath. I've never seen a

stamp
with a child-created design that I liked, or that seemed very effective.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any that I've really liked, either.
I'm all for encouraging artistic talent---I certainly don't have it; I'm
limited to stick figures and not very good ones at that---but I prefer to
see the artistic creations on stamps that come after more practice, rather
than the early versions. Now, if I had any kids, I'll have you know that
*any* scrawl they made would put (fill in the name of any famous artist
here) to shame!

Mike