Old December 21st 11, 06:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Pushed Back

"Mike Benveniste" wrote in message
On 12/21/2011 10:08 AM, Paul Ciszek wrote:

What, exactly, were they exposed to? If they were bombarded with
neutrons, releasing them into circulation without testing them
first would be very irresponsible.

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/m...toes/dimes.htm

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

I remember seeing the irradiated dimes at the 1964 World's Fair in NY. I
may have gotten one, but if I did it's gotten lost somewhere along the way.

I don't recall that the extremely short half-life was explained. Most
potential customers might have just walked away if they had known that the
"specialness" of their coin would be virtually gone in the next few
minutes.