Old August 23rd 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dr Ewan Jackson

Default Roman coin wanted - serious collectors please

Dave Hinz wrote:
On 23 Aug 2006 05:18:41 -0700, Dr Ewan Jackson wrote:

Dave Welsh wrote:

Your opinion of eBay coincides with mine.

50% of the dealers on eBay should be in jail.

My. What a _remarkable coincidence_ that these two just happened to
just show up here.

Hey "doc".

Libelous.

I don't suppose you can provide an actual cite for that
claim. Because your number seems a bit, shall we say, suspect.

The point of my post, which you evidently read (but did not grasp) is
that MANY dealers on eBay are fakers of antiquities. I wasn't
declaring that exactly half of the dealers on eBay were charlatans. So
either you are an idiot or you are playing the fool (neither would
surprise me).

Also would you be so kind as to share with us your definition of the
word "dealers" as you have used it in this context? Words have
meanings, you see.

Thankyou for your pompous point.

From dictionary.com

Dealer: One that is engaged in buying and selling

I suppose I could have dug up my Oxford Dictionary, but this will
suffice. This definition seems to describe what the people on eBay do.

In any events, most of the eBay dealers who aren't charlatans do not
sell coins worth collecting.

Ewan