Old December 26th 03, 02:58 AM
wunnuy

(MikeCouil) wrote in message ...
Well...it does have an effect, the same as putting estate in your title or
saying that these are abandoned cards from your dead father's uncle's
girlfriend's brother in law's great grand father. How that old man aqquired
500 1990 Topps cards is an amazing feat by itself, but these actions DO sell
cards.

Other things that annoy the **** out of me:

"HUGE collection" when it has 5 freaking cards
"No auto" just so that they can get the auto in on the search
"BCCG not PSA BGS SGC"
"Unsearched" --Always a warning sign that NOBODY pays attention to

Mike

The other one I hate is when they say "gem mint" for a card that isn't
graded, but assuming since it was "put straight from the pack into a
top loader" it's automatically a gem mint.

Or when they say Mickey Mantle Rookie! or Ted Williams Auto! when it
turns out it just a possible insert you can get if you buy the packs
they're selling (that haven't been searched, uh, yeah right).

My biggest pet peeve on Ebay though, is the guy who charges $3.95 for
shipping and sends the card in a #10 envelope with a 37 cent stamp. I
won't leave bad feedback for someone who sends the right card in a
timely manner but if I paid 4 bucks for shipping and got 40 cents
worth, I won't leave any feedback.