Old April 17th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Building a library...

Fortunately the antique pen folk don't troll this newsgroup. There are
many who diss Quink. You may find a trip to the L.A. Pen Show in
February rewarding.

Fortunately, I don't have any antique pens, and could care less
what those folk have to say about Quink. Actually, I would
listen, as often such criticism is well founded. But for my
purposes, fueling a couple of cheapie pens (an Aurora Ipsilon
and a Pelikan M200) through law school notes, Quink did me
just fine; it flowed smoothly, dried quickly, and is readily available
(there's a Staples that carries it about three blocks from where I
was living while in law school). Shrug

I used to do all my original composition with a fountain pen. And
I used Quink. Not a great ink. Too thin, not really a true black.
We won't even speak of those who use (shudder) "blue" Quink. What
ever possessed our race to made blue ink is beyond me.

I found that I could not find for any money a pen that would not
dribble and blob over the page as I was writing. I gave up on
fountain pens. The good news is, by that time the personal
computer and word processor were invented. Whatever the faults of
my keyboard, it never blobs ink.