Old May 1st 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default I can't believe no one posted anything on this. What? Were you guys all waiting for me? (New $100 Bill Images) (I wonder if a new $500 bill would be similar)

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message

Gotta jump in here. I saw on the news last night that the Washington
Crossing State Park in PA (across the river from Trenton NJ) is closed
due to lack of State funding. Without sounding like a radical (left
or right), national parks may not be too far behind. Maybe a quarter
with a sign that reads "Closed" on the reverse would be a good choice
for the next eleven years. Then we wouldn't have to worry about
changing designs for a while.

And from the "If This Goes On" department:

When the budget cuts get bad enough, look for someone to start
counterpunching "CLOSED" on the reverse of Lincoln Memorial cents,
Monticello nickels, etc. and stamping the same on the reverse of most
currency bills.

You'll know it's time to think of emigrating when it starts happening to JFK
halves.