Old August 11th 03, 08:21 AM
Karen Traviss

Agreed - best editing pen in Creation, and also from Norman's emporium. Nice
fine-but-dense line and you can leave it uncapped while you're pondering an
edit and it still writes first time. Oh, and even PR Sherwood Green rinses
out of the sac without staining. (Small point, but it impressed the hell out
of me.)

Cheers
KT

Upcoming books : CITY OF PEARL (HarperCollins/Eos) March 2004 - available on
pre-order from Amazon now.
Short fiction now in October Realms of Fantasy - STRINGS
http://www.karentraviss.com

"John" wrote in message
om...
quality of Hero pens. I just took a Hero 329 (Parker 51 knockoff)
out of my desk drawer -- I remember leaving it there MONTHS ago.
Wrote the first time. For a $5 fountain pen, not a bad deal. Be
aware that their nib sizes run extra fine: I use mine for editing and
margin annotations. But you can pick up one in NYC's Chinatown
district (I go to Pearl River at the corner of Canal and Broadway).
If NY is not in your plans, lots of wonderful raves about Norman Haase
and his site www.hisnibs.com -- same pen will cost you $10, but you
get great service and dealing with him is worth the extra few bucks.

Good luck.