Old November 14th 12, 03:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default Primo Levi, If This Is A Man

On 11/12/2012 11:47 PM, Willow Arune wrote:
I have fretted over the same issue, until I came to a simple conclusion.

I love being surrounded by my books and yes, my partner and I have too many.

I did sell off several collections - the Foresters are now with the
University
of Texas, the theme collection with the Universities of Chicago and
Illinois.
With the remainder, perhaps several thousand, I decided simply not to
worry.
If my partner goes first, her books to her four daughters if wanted, if
not to
UNBC. If I go, my partner and her daughters can keep what they wish and
the
balance to UNBC. I do not need the money and would rather enjoy the lot
as I
presently do until my end...

I have so enjoyed my return to university that it seemed a good idea to simply

pass them on to a library where they could be used and enjoyed. Perhaps
they do
not need signed copies, but why not?

Willow

Hi Willow, a lot of (most?) university libraries have a rare book
collection. My alma mater, Trinity College in Hartford, does, and, of
course, Yale with its Beinecke Rare Book Library has a magnificent one -
translucent walls and all.

Francis A. Miniter