Old March 18th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Question for Scott International Vol. 1 users

Hi Wolf

The image you posted seems to be an old Scott International Volume 1.
I looked in a 2003 Scott and they are not listed as you have found.
Since the time the pages were printed, Scott may have now found that
the stamps were not valid, or used, as postal tax ( see note after
372 ) and decided to no longer list them. If you can find an old
Scott catalog or a copy of the Edifil catalog you will probably find
them listed. Yvert, Michel, Stanley Gibbons, or even a old Minkus,
catalog might list them. It is possible that the Scott 1840-1940 world
catalog might list them but I would not expect it to.

Scott is famous for this type of reasoning. I collect Colombia and
have the same problem so I have old Scott Catalogs
(1926, 1940).

Jerry B