Old January 31st 05, 03:24 PM
Jonathan Grobe

On 2005-01-30, Matt J. McCullar wrote:
I just happened to stumble across this, and I'm very glad.

The Friends of the Fort Worth Public Library have set up an actual store to
sell used/damaged/obsolete books.

I think this is a terrific idea and I told the staff so. Yes, I filled a
bag full of books for great prices.

I'm wondering: are other city libraries doing something similar? Seems like
a good idea to me, because I love booksales and don't like the idea of
having to miss one.

Many libraries do this. As I result I find these libraries no longer worth
visiting: the good stuff is all picked over by regular visiters and the prices
are usually substantially higher.

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at: