Old March 12th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

Default Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

the current dismal state of the modern USPS - it is barely managing to
deliver a simple package to the East Coast in many cases:

http://gowanuslounge.blogspot.com/20...barn-uses.html

I want to second the complaint leveled against the post office in Red
Hook. In addition to going days without mail (typically followed by
one day of 15-20 letters), I have only had one package delivered
successfully. I was home sick at the time and watched the mailman
leave the missed package slip without ringing. After running
downstairs and knocking on the window of his van, he begrudgingly
handed me my mail and informed me that it was a good thing he decided
to "chill" there for a few minutes or I would have missed him. My
question: why does the package slip imply there'll be second and third
attempts if they don't even try once? The abysmal service in Astoria
was better.