Old January 3rd 05, 03:09 PM
my-wings

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello -

I'm looking to purchase a nice edition of War and Peace.

These are the things I am looking for, in order of importance:
1) Multiple volumes - this book is too large to be in a single volume!
2) Ideally a Constance Garnett translation
3) Unabridged
4) Nice hardcover binding, paper, layout, etc.

You seem pretty clear about what you want. Maybe you would have good luck
with one of the "want" auctions.

eBay has a new feature called "want it now" which you can access he
http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/ From what I can tell, there is no cost to
you to post an auction with a description of what you want, then sellers
offer you links to their auctions that they feel may be a match for you. You
are not obligated to buy.

I think there are a few other sites that offer want lists, but I don't have
any specifics on them.

Alice

--
Book collecting terms illustrated. Occasional books for sale.
http://www.mywingsbooks.com/