Old September 21st 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
A.E. Gelat

Default Turkey. Was: Irish independence?

"Victor Manta" wrote in message
"A.E. Gelat" wrote in message

"Paul Herber" wrote in message
ell.net...
http://stamps.ebay.co.uk/

well, I thought Ireland was part of Europe.

You are right, but Turkey is not.

Tony

Isn't it?

No, it isn't. Without looking up the exact areas, I estimate that part of
Turkey in Europe at about 3%. That does not make it European. Spain has
five small exclaves in Africa, but that does not make it African.

Tony

"Turkey (Turkish: Türkiye), known officially as the Republic of Turkey
(Türkiye Cumhuriyeti (help·info)), is a Eurasian country that stretches
across the Anatolian peninsula in southwest Asia and the Balkan region of
southeastern Europe."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey

Eurasia is an immense landmass covering about 53,990,000 km² (or about
10.6%) of the Earth's surface. Often reckoned as a single continent,
Eurasia comprises the traditional continents of Europe and Asia, concepts
which date back to classical antiquity and the borders for which are
somewhat arbitrary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasia

--
Victor Manta