Old March 21st 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
John Mycroft[_2_]

Default Ebay - Yet Another Pet Peeve

That doesn't worry me at all - shows their ignorance. Maybe they have taken 100 common stamps, looked em up in Scott, see they
catalog at $30 and assume that $10 is a reasonable start bid. The ones who annoy me are the ones who give a start bid of $1 but
then set a $50 reserve. I wish ebay had a way to exclude unfavourite sellers from every search without my having to set it up for
every search I do. I'd also like to exclude all lots that say RARE!!! and L@@K!!!

Come to think of it, if you start a junk lot at $100 and some idiot bids for it then you've done OK for yourself. And, if nobody
does, then you've blown a listing fee and may learn your lesson.