Old November 10th 07, 11:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
fweddybear

Default Tech help Rockola cd-8 jukebox

"John Robertson" wrote in message
fweddybear wrote:
Fwed,

Depending on which player (CDM-3, CDM-4HD or IND, CDM-12 / PRO) is in
the box, a variety of problems could exist. Which player do you have?
The CDM-3 looks like a square plate and will have a laser "caution"
label in yellow and black. The CDM-4 Series will have the model number
screened onto the top plate. The CDM-12 / PRO series will have the
model number embossed onto the top frame. Let us know.
DRebber

Ok...Its a cdm12....but I think I've fixed the problem as it seem sto
be working jsut fine now... the box sat for a number of years without
being played... I was transfering cd's out of the box... also hooking up
the internal speakers again (unhooking the speakers from my stereo), and
wanted to make sure I had done all the wiring correctly when I discovered
this problem. What I did was take out the player unit, unscrew the
circuit board, and cleaned up (not that it really needed it) underneath
there, and manually operate the gear drive for the laser beam. I then
put it back together and for ha ha'a hooked it back up and haven't had a
problem since...soooo
I think problem is solved ...for now... lol

Thanks for offering to help out!!

Fwed

Sounds like the CDM12 transport needs to have some fresh Teflon grease...

An old trick for fixing CDM3 players is to open the bottom of the
turntable motor (small metal cap) and put in a couple of drops of oil -
Duralube is recommended) and work it into the motor spindle. This often
gets the little sucker running for another few years. Plus a drop on the
radial arm pivot (top and bottom) helps free it up!

John :-#)#

John :-#)#

I 'll give it a try....thanks

Fwed