Old October 15th 11, 03:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

Default solution for taking new stamps off paper

On 10/14/2011 12:12 PM, Neb wrote:
I hope someone can help me with what solution I should use to remove
most new stamps from paper. All the old stamps I soaked in water and
slid paper off and dried in a drying book. The new super sticky
stamps stick to the drying book after soaking. Please, someone help

The problem is that new glues are not water-soluble. Some people have
used various things to try to get it off. Others leave the stamps on
paper and cut neatly just outside the stamp and any fake perforations.
Others collect on entire covers (envelopes). Others only collect mint
(or unused cancelled-to-order).

Terry