Old November 10th 04, 10:39 AM
Jan-Martin Hertzsch

Klaus Rampelmann wrote:

I've got some self-adhesive stamps from Tonga/Sierra Leone. They
sucessfully resisted coming off their paper support even after
extensive bath.

Are there other, more appropriate "chemicals" than water to get these
buggers off the paper and into the album ?

White spirit, paint thinner, or light petrol might do the trick
(they did it for self-adhesive stamps from other countries, I have
yet to see one from Tonga or Sierra Leone, though), but they might
also dissolve the ink. Usually the glue will be softened by light
petrol, and you can wipe it off with an old cloth.

Jan-Martin