Old December 6th 03, 04:25 PM
Tracy Barber

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:21:14 +0100, "Mette" wrote:

Christmas is coming closer, so it's time for the annual
Season's Greetings to this group. This year I have
chosen H.C. Andersen's heart-breaking tale about
"The Fir Tree" that was transformed to a Christmas
Tree -- illustrated with christmas trees on stamps
world wide, whatever I could find in my collections :-)

http://danish-christmasseals.school....2003Tree01.htm
(one long line if broken)

The translation is not my own, but that of the H.C.
Andersen Society in Denmark. It is strange to read
this old-fashioned and slightly stilted language, but
it is naturally kept very close to Andersen's time.

However, the morale is good enough: the grass isn't
always greener on the other side of the fence, so be
happy with what you are, and where you are ... ;-)

Very cool. Sometime we just take things for granted and don't look at
the trees in the forest... :^)

Tracy Barber