Old October 24th 04, 10:05 PM
RKJ

"Chas Adrion" wrote in message
Rene - I have started a collection of Denmark postmarks - trying for one
from every town. I am a real beginner in this area. Any advice?

There are many ways to collect cancels.... many start out like you, by
collecting each town. Some specialize in certain types or certain cities or
areas. Cancels from an island have always been very popular, like the danish
Bornholm, or the Faroe islands cancels before 1975.

In my collection i dedicate a sheet for each cancel. Preferably on different
types of stamps from different periods to show the use of the cancel. And
then a complete letter or similar.

An example from my collection can be seen he

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/rkj/cancels.jpg

Hope it can inspire you. If you need any help with identifying cancels etc..
dont hezitate to email me :-)

--
Rene