Old July 5th 05, 02:33 AM
Dik T. Winter

In article "gogu" writes:
Ο "Dik T. Winter" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

I do not feel a nuisance at all. Currently I have exactly three coins in
my purse (1 euro, 50 cent and 20 cent). (Yes, I am using a purse that
contains all my money, it is about the size of a small key holder, and
sits perfectly well in my pocket. No loose change in my pockets.)

I don't use a purse so my pockets feel quite uncomfortable with all those
change.
Some times I have 12 or even 15 euros in coins in my pockets !

Spend them. Currently I have about 4 euros in coins. It ranges between
10 cent and 5 euro, or something like that.

Just think what would happen if Americans would change their currency
with a
*totally* new one like the euro !...

Consider what happened in the UK when they were going decimal (1970 I
think).
I have seen it from close quarters.

Not the same thing.
Pound it was, pound remained.

Only for paper money. *All* coins were subsequently changed. (Of course,
the new 50p, 10p and 5p coins retained their value, as did the equivalent
florin and shilling, but even that was much shorter than was common, as
the size was subsequently reduced for all three. Also the sixpence
retained its value during some time, but not very long. All other coins
had no value anymore.)

They've just turned to the decimal.
The euro is a totally new currency for every European in the euroland.

Well, so was the decimal pound in the UK.

But as I also said, many people in the EU feel this way and not only the
Greeks are asking for a euro note...

No, the Greek and the Italian.

Then please show me such an *official* demand from the respective
*governments* !

Show me a demand from some other country than Greece, Italy (and for some
time Austria).

I do not think that the Dutch, German, or
whatever would appreciate the introduction of a Euro note.

I've read that they'd do but this is newspaper talk...

Well, I do think that at least the Dutch or German people would not
appreciate it. At least, I have never read anyone supporting it.
It would be strange when the Dutch are accustomed to a smallest note
of 10 Gulden (about 5 Euro) since the 80s.