Old July 2nd 05, 12:09 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Dik T. Winter wrote:

I never said that *all* older persons do want that Dik ;-)

You said, explicitly, *every* older person in euroland.

Wrong - he wrote that he *believes* that every older person, etc. ;-)

Actually I do not think that it is a question of age - somebody who is
60 or 70 may well appreciate the currency union while a person is his
20s or her 30s may be against it. I for one, somewhere in between age
wise, still think that the common currency has, all in all, a positive
effect.

On the other hand, well, I also believed that it would help building a
more closely integrated Europe since a common currency will not work in
the long run without further harmonization. And due to recent
developments in the European Union I do not believe any longer that
EUrope is actually willing to move on in that regard. Will be
interesting to see how long the euro can "survive" under these
conditions ...

Christian