Old April 8th 04, 01:17 PM
KevinKJT

Most of us who purchase books from ebay are aware of the risks. The greater
the price, the more care that must be taken before placing a bid.

If I chose to buy/sell a ten thousand dollar mint first edition first release
Dickens for example, I would only arrange for delivery to a respected
antiquarian book dealer local to the buyer or some such arrangement for the
mutual protection of buyer and seller alike.

It must be remembered that some of the sellers are entirely ignorant of books
and the accepted descriptions of condition and the many nuances of
publishing...

I'm a collector. I've never sold a book in my life! I prefer to do business
with antiquarian dealers... look, feel, smell etc. but some titles... -kevin