Old March 17th 12, 05:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
A M

Default Your La Fontaine's book

Hello, My name is Austin and I have that exact same copy and the exact
same problem. I have searched ebay, aba.org, abaa.org, alibris.com,
bibliophile.com, and many more, and i havent even found another copy
of mine. I have La Fontaine's Fables illustraded by Gustave Dore, and
its massive. 13x4x10, it has the portrait of Fontaine as the
frontispiece translated by Thornbury. But my copy's cover is a nice
forest green cloth with title and Dore's name gilted and decorated.
Accompanied by a huge picture/imprint of a rabbit (gilt) surrounded by
reeds that are black and gilted frogs jumping in many directions. Do
you have any leads?