Old February 15th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Farley

Default Federal Taxes Paid On Coin And Stamp Sales

And if I do pay taxes, just how do I set a cost basis on coins that I
have had for a long time and have NO idea what I paid for them? Looks
like a full employment act for CPA's!
Bruce

stonej wrote:

Ebay is fighting any attempt by the IRS to get their hands on their
sales records (unless forced to turn them over
by a court in specific cases). Ebay knows that there is a lot of
tax evasion going on among their sellers and that a lot of people will
just quit selling on Ebay if they have to pay taxes on what they sell.