Old November 19th 04, 11:40 PM
Dpolis

Yah know, I haven't attended a show as a collector since 1996 and as a
dealer since 1997, so I ahve no right to voice thoughts on this topic, but
having said THAT, I'll talk anyway.
I admire those folks who do all of what you mentined below and more, it's an
amazingly tough way to stay involved in the hobby. My hats off to you and
the promoters.
It's been obvious for many years that there are advantages to the Internet.
MAny of the new generation of card collectors haven't ever done anything BUT
use the Internet and Ebay and it seems like only the *old crowd* clings to
the shows.
Good or bad? Good, I think. There is something to be said for getting off
own's duff and getting out to shows.
So, what do people think might work to get people into shows? Keeping costs
in mind, of course.
Lynne

Lynne,

Being convenient? There is nothing in LV. At least nothing that would carry
cards I am interested in.

I might be too hardcore to find any cards I want at any show, unless it is a
new set that just came out.

The only show I go to is San Diego Comic Con. It isn't close (6 hour drive
from here), but at least there is plenty to do, tons of cards, comics,
freebies, previews of movies coming out in the next year, major stars and
signers.

of course it took them what? 30 years to get to this point. They are huge,
50,000 people a day. nearly 300,000 sq ft.

If there was a nice small show in LV, I would support it even if they have
nothing I want.

David