Old June 8th 09, 10:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Default (RCSD) Old India

Search works perfectly well for me in Firefox

A great resource, Blair - if not entirely accurate. The (Rajput)
ruling family of Burwanee (Barwani) would have a fit at being
described as Bhils!

Tony

Blair wrote:
On Jun 7, 7:26 pm, "rodney" wrote:
G'day Blair,
any ideas why I cannot search the document?

I found a pdf yesterday by Toke Norby regarding "Pacificus"
and could not search that pdf either.

This is the first time I have encountered this.
Any ideas?
Rodney

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

If you are collecting Old stamps and covers of India, I can recommend

that you bookmark this on-line document.

It is a Gazetteer of India, published for the East India Company in
1857.
It is most helpful in locating towns mentioned on old covers. The URL
is :
http://books.google.ca/books?id=mDUQAAAAYAAJ

This book is over 1000 pages long, is search-able, and is also on-line
in

text format and down-loadable PDF. (73.3 MB)

Enjoy!

Blair

Rod / Tony :

Did you try searching the HTML or text version?

I did not try to search the PDF version.

Blair