Old November 16th 04, 01:15 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:54:33 -0800, Henry Mensch is
alleged to have written:

On 2004-11-13 17:09:48 -0800, "Bob Peterson" said:
"Barry" wrote:
There was a thread about him on the PCGS forum recently. Someone was
trying to sell some coins back to him and he wasn't interested. Take
that for what it's worth.

maybe he is somewhat selective in the coins he buys. or does not like
to buy from people he does not know, or sight unseen, etc.

well, the phrase "sell back" suggests to me that he'd have some basic
knowledge of the seller and had seen the coins before (since he sold
them). did i get this wrong?

Rick appears to make most of his money by buying the coins raw, likely still in
sets, then getting them slabbed as high grade cameos. He doesn't likely want to
pay anywhere near what he sells them for!

If it were me, I'd think there's a lot of cameos out there still raw and I'd
wonder why I should pay his markup.

Bruce