Old July 27th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Thomas A.

Default Who has been "borrowing" our words? (Long post)

Mike S. wrote:
There are lots of web sites that archive UseNet postings in lieu of
taking the effort to provide or support original content and unique
postings of their own. I've seen this with numerous technical and
hobby newsgroups that I've posted to over the years; for instance,
rec.radio.shortwave is plagiarized on a web site called Radiobanter.
Perhaps the one you uncovered is even worse; not just a plagiarizer
but an inaccurate one.

Yes, I have seen this as well. Usenet postings taken and presented under
the guise of expert commentary, presumably offered to the gullible through
some machination or other, sometimes for money..

I must admit some confusion over the errors. Injecting benign or neutral
phrases may be done by machine in an attempt to cover plagiarism, but where
do the simple misspellings come from? Certainly not manual transcription.
Or maybe...