Old June 9th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

Default Bible coin -- Marine removed from duty over Bible coin reports

On Jun 8, 8:22*pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:
1. *I doubt there is a standing order about religion. *I'm not saying
there isn't, I just doubt there is.

"Regulations prohibit members of the coalition force
from proselytizing any religion, faith or practices,"
said Col. Bill Buckner, a coalition spokesman. "Our
troops are trained on those guidelines before they
deploy."

2. *In the Marines (and the Navy), it's called a brig, not a stockade
(that's the Army).

Whatever.

3. *Were you in command, you'd know you can't give him a Dishonorable
Discharge. *That is a sentence of a General Court-Martial alone, and
then only for selected offenses.

I stand corrected.
Nevertheless, the Marine in question should face a court-martial and
be given the severest punishment possible.

I stand by my original response. *It's a sad day when believing in
God, by whatever Name you want to call Him, is grounds to be
punished. *Soundes like the governments in the Muslim world, doesn't
it?

Our troops are not there to push ANY religious dogma, christian or
otherwise.
Having troops fight in the name of religion sounds more like the
Muslim world, doesn't it?
Try pulling your head out of your holier-than-thou ass!