Old September 7th 05, 08:10 PM
John R. Yamamoto-Wilson

As a rider to all that, the reason I'm interested in all this
background stuff about the book and its author is that "CONDITION
versus PRICE versus RARITY" is a three-legged beast that won't stand
up. To make it stand up you need the fourth leg, which is desirability.
To put it bluntly, if this is a book that no one with an interest in
sporting history or anything else gives a damn about, then, even if the
only copy in the world is in perfect condition and is being sold for a
penny, it is only really worth having for sentimental reasons.

I'm sure it's worth much more than a penny, but until one can ascertain
to what extent this is a book that someone with an interest in the
field might wish to own it's difficult to get a clear sense of its
value.

There are several grey areas here, and the bibliographical and
biographical background of the book and its author may hold the key to
clearing them up.

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com