Old October 11th 20, 02:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul[_3_]

Default Is anybody reading this NG?

Après mûre réflexion, Victor Manta a écrit :
The last posting on RCSD was on 5/15/2020, then nothing newer came...

I still remember that a long time ago there were here over 1000 posting in a
month.

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization & Abusives: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Yes this forum is still in the list of the 28 forum I read each 1 or 2
days if qI see a new contribution!

But RCSD and RCSM don't have many threads in the last month (or years),
and I am sorry it is so.

I follow the French (fr.rec.philatelie) about stamp collection, nearly
10/20 threads a week, the forum from "Bund deutschen philatelisten" in
Deutsch (low activity) and no other!!

I am 78, collect seriusly since end of 1958 and have never stopped! I
have a nice US used collection (I stopped when US post issues too many
sets of 25 or more stamps never used, nearly 1987) . I am still member
from APS and CCCC (see here https://www.covercollectors.club/) where I
find friends in foreign countries I collect.

How it is difficult to find good friends in some countries (generally
because they have no more money for stamps) I have stopped to collect
all countries after Yugoslavia, Israël, Argentinia and have open new
things I collect before 1939 in French stamps or 1910 in Swiss stamps!

I could write long about collecting, but my English writing is not easy
because I have lost vocabulary, I have not enough practice. I continue
to collect US used stamps, but search only before 1929: spécialy all
"straight edges" (= stamps with one or 2 adjacent sides without
perforations and different cancelations on older "ordinaryu" (= not
commemorativ) stamps!!!

To day enough, but I think that to get a nice collection it is
necessary to be member of at less one stamp club (here in France I am
member of 6 clubs!!), the best I think is American Philatelist Society,
and they issue each month a very nice newspaper ...

Best wishes and continue to coolect.

Jean-Paul DROGER (France - LYON).

PS if you knew other forum about stamp collecting in US, please let
know and send the adress on Net.

--

Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger ,invalid par wanadoo;
to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger, invalid with