Old October 9th 20, 12:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David E. Ross[_2_]

Default Is anybody reading this NG?

On 10/8/2020 2:24 PM, Victor Manta wrote:
The last posting on RCSD was on 5/15/2020, then nothing newer came...

I still remember that a long time ago there were here over 1000 posting in a
month.

Victor Manta, PWO

I check this newsgroup when I see a new posting, which is indeed rare.

I was a collector for 40 years, actually more of an accumulator. I
collected mint U.S. stamps. When the US Postal Service began issuing
commemorative stamps that commemorated things that were not worthy and
also issued definitive stamps with minor, unecessary changes, I decided
to stop collecting. To have a complete, comprehensive collection would
be just too expensive.

I still have my collection, but I stopped adding to it in 2000.

--
David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Early in the COVID-19 pandemic, President Trump told us the
virus would disappear by April. Later, he said it would be gone
when the weather turned hot.

In Ventura County (population less than 850,000), there were
2,134 new COVID-19 infections in September as the temperature
reached 117F. That month, there were also 36 deaths, a persistent
daily death rate through the entire month of 1.2%.

At one time, Trump claimed COVID-19 was a Democrat hoax. Now
Trump has the virus. Schadenfreude!

I don't think COVID-19 will disappear until after Trump disappears.