Old June 28th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default (RCSD) Zimbabwe Inflation (update) - Inflation hits 9.0 million percent - expected to hit 10.5 million % by the end of June

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:09:20 -0700 (PDT), "Blair (TC)"
wrote:

If the Mugabe situation, which was supposed to be settled today,
doesn't clear up, we may well hit some serious new record.

On 26 June 2008, the Zim Independent reported that, latest figures
from
the Central Statistical Offices (CSO) showed that annual inflation
rose
by 7,336 000 percentage points to 9,030,000% by June 20 and was set
to end the month at well above 10,500,000%.

With the Zim Dollar dropping in value to 100 Billion ZWD per 1 US
Dollar
and Inflation of 10 million percent, have we reached the level of post
WWII
Hungary yet?

http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/files/Infl5.png
http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/files/Infl3.png

A 500,000,000,000 (500 billion) Yugoslav dinar banknote circa 1993,
the
largest nominal value ever officially printed in Yugoslavia, the final
result
of hyperinflation
http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/files/Infl10.png

The Hungarian National Bank has the dubious honour of circulating
the largest denomination banknote – that being the 100 quintillion
pengo
http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/files/Infl4.png

Blair