Old July 12th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default New Thematic proposal.

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in message

I should like to put forward a new theme
that could be incorporated into new emmissions.

Serious advice to the unwary and the unwashed.

Let's call it the "cautionary tales" set.

A good start probably the 55c Australian definitive featuring
the "Bush" Digital set top box, which I recently purchased.
Under the banner of "making new technology easier"
they feel it is pertinent to supply the device with an 18" power cord.
Anybody know a TV that is 18" or less high?

But the doozy, is this from a lass in Perth who lost the keys to her
Toyota.

OH WHAT A FEELING!
Here's a cautionary tale. Margaret Wilkins, of Willetton, bought a Toyota
Echo about
three years ago. It cost $14,000. The other day, she lost her car keys.
She had no spare.
So she contacted Toyota and asked about a replacement.

"Certainly madam," the dealership rep told Margaret. "A new remote key
will cost
$309.90," which Margaret thought was reasonable, if a little steep. But
the Toyota guy
hadn't finished.

"Then there's $1202.20 to change the car's computer settings, $106.79 for
a new
ignition barrel and $363 for labour."
"I couldn't believe it," the Willetton grandma told 1C. "All up, including
two
replacement keys, It will cost $2319.29."

That's nearly 17 per cent of the original purchase price of the car.

Hi from O-Hi-O,

The first question that comes to my mind is where forgot grandma her second
key. Another question is if it not reasonable for persons of a certain age
to insure such expensive keys against lost, something that is usually
proposed when one buys a new car, this for quite reasonable prices.

We are not informed about how this story ends either. I hope that a solution
was find, even if maybe elsewhere.

And the happy, on topic end is that Margaret finally got a cheaper key and
bought for about $2000 a lot of missing stamps for her collection :-)

Victor