Old July 12th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default New Thematic proposal.

I should like to put forward a new theme
that could be incorporated into new emmissions.

Serious advice to the unwary and the unwashed.

Let's call it the "cautionary tales" set.

A good start probably the 55c Australian definitive featuring
the "Bush" Digital set top box, which I recently purchased.
Under the banner of "making new technology easier"
they feel it is pertinent to supply the device with an 18" power cord.
Anybody know a TV that is 18" or less high?

But the doozy, is this from a lass in Perth who lost the keys to her Toyota.

OH WHAT A FEELING!
Here's a cautionary tale. Margaret Wilkins, of Willetton, bought a Toyota
Echo about
three years ago. It cost $14,000. The other day, she lost her car keys. She
had no spare.
So she contacted Toyota and asked about a replacement.

"Certainly madam," the dealership rep told Margaret. "A new remote key will
cost
$309.90," which Margaret thought was reasonable, if a little steep. But the
Toyota guy
hadn't finished.

"Then there's $1202.20 to change the car's computer settings, $106.79 for a
new
ignition barrel and $363 for labour."
"I couldn't believe it," the Willetton grandma told 1C. "All up, including
two
replacement keys, It will cost $2319.29."

That's nearly 17 per cent of the original purchase price of the car.