Old December 17th 19, 09:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default Rock-ola 484 stops playing during record play

On 2019/12/17 10:35 a.m., Paolone wrote:
Thanks John,

the gripper motor and the magazine motor are ok because i have cleaned and greased them last year when i restore my 484. I have turn easily right and left on both the motors.

i supect as you the microswitch, because if i remove the connection of the gripper motor when the record start to play it continue to play normally. (in one try i forget to remove it and the 484 stops, so i remove the connection and i push the red circuit breaker button and the recond continue to play normally).

But at the end of the disk the gripper arm don't pick up the disk anymore even if i insert the connection of the gripper motor.
So (after i have insert the gripper motor connection) i have to use the scan switch (slow down to cancel position and then up to oprate position) to let the gripper arm put the record in the magazine.

Wich microswitch is broken and do i have to check?

Thanks

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

I recommend getting a copy of the Rockola service manual for the 484,
they go into great detail in the troubleshooting guide on how each
function works including the microswitches.
At this time I am too busy to dig out a manual and give you further
advice, my apologies!

The best service manual reprints are from Victoryglass.com in the USA.
Copies found elsewhere (except us, but we don't have that manual
available at this time) may be unclear or blurred out due to bad copying
or bad printing.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com