Old July 1st 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

Default Map of Denmark

"A.E. Gelat" skrev i en meddelelse
Alan, can you elaborate? What is wrong with the map? This series of
maps issued by the CIA are not military maps, but for the general public.
It is not supposed to be comprehensive, but just to show the extent of the
country and the major cities. It is very neat.

Tony

"Alan" wrote in message
A.E. Gelat wrote:
Hi, Mette, I could not find a more detailed map on the Internet, but the
one below is very neat. It is a CIA map. If the link does not open
directly, you can copy it on a WORD document and then open it by holding
Ctrl down and clicking the link.

http://cjoint.com/?hbd5tjobbn

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the map. It is true that it is not very detailed, and it seems
that both Bob (and Viktor Sten) are thinking of a rather accurate military
map.

I have searched the Internet myself for military maps (generalstabskort),
but they seem not available, so I will have to consult our local library
next week to see what they have on their shelves -- or what they can provide
from elsewhere. Although it is no "disaster", just a question of
"perfection", I must admit that for Bob's story as such an accurate map
would be appropriate. Otherwise Bob will have to do with the CIA-map, with
the crash-area encircled (with the post-1920 border to Germany correctly
marked).

Anyway, since it was Viktor Sten who made a remark about the map, I suggest
that he makes an effort also to find the map he has in mind ;-)

Regards
Mette