Old September 23rd 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
ian-b

Default Scott v Gibbons

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

Stoneham's been around since 1978 ... 9th ed. was 1988, so the '78 was
probably the first they made.

Yes, I have had two earlier editions. The latest is the
13th.

Until they pooched the pup and 'renumbered', I'd indexed my inventory by
their numbers as they had separate numbers for plates and major differences.

The latest version is published by the Machin Collectors Club
in Norfolk, England, and they have just announced the 'Simplified'
pocket-size at only £5.95, on sale from October 15 - see
http://www.machins.org/