Old March 18th 11, 01:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Roy[_2_]

Default In search of a decent PEELABLE hinge

Do collectors in Europe, China, Russia et. al. also have problems obtaining
decent hinges? I'd be willing to help boost the global economy to obtain some
actually peelable hinges of new manufacture.

Regards,
Roy

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:11:07 -0400, John Mycroft wrote:

Old Dennisons (with an "o") are the real deal and sell for a bundle. Subway's Denissen hinges (with an "e" are less wonderful (he said politely).
There are also old Universal hinges that I rate as good as Dennisons and which typically sell for about half the price.
As far as I can figure, no hinge made since about 1980 is worth having.

It is a filthy commie plot on the part of Showgard etc to make us use their mounts - excuse me - the nurse wants to give me my injection now.

Cheers - John Mycroft

On 11/20/2010 3:53 PM, Roy wrote:

Anybody have any suggestions? I am looking for something as good as the old
Dennison hinges.

Thanks,
Roy