Old July 31st 15, 03:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Default Value of Stamps?

http://aman.members.sonic.net/stamp.jpg

On the Web, I have seen such "U.S.INTER.REV. - PROPRIETARY" stamps sold
for $300 to $3,000 and one auctioned off for about $30,000! Thus I'm
curious whether mine is worth *something*.

You'd need a current Scott catalogue, then check on the RB4 stamp for
pricing.

Just wanted to confirm that it does appear to be Scott catalogue
number RB4.

Another option instead of checking a current Scott catalogue is to see
what it is available for at a dealer's site. For example, Eric Jackson
( http://www.ericjackson.com/ ) has copies available for sale from
$12.50 to $21.00.

Whatever ... as I had hoped I cleary said:

I haven't collected US since they started with the huge number of
issues and created 'errors'.

My only reason to go to the effort was that you asked again for help.
Had you said you thought it was RB4 ... !
I should just stay with helping the GB people ...