Old July 24th 15, 11:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Value of Stamps?

On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 2:20:12 AM UTC-4, Reinhold {Rey} Aman wrote:
Value of Stamps?
----------------
Greetings,

I'm a newbie, have read the FAQ, and have two questions for you experts
about the value of some stamps I have.

I'm asking here because years ago I was badly cheated by a stamp buyer
who paid me $150 for a sheet of 100 misprinted 50-cent stamps - and then
he sold them for $1,500 (!) to a collector.

Are the following stamps worth just the 29-cent face value or more?

All are plate blocks (?) in mint condition. All are 29-cent stamps:

1x "Country & Western" - 20 stamps/plate

3x "Popular Singers" - 20 stamps/plate

2x "Jazz Singers/Blues Singers" - 35 stamps/plate

1x "Elvis" - 40 stamps/plate. The left upper stamp has a red
Post Office stamp on the left side.

1x "1944: Road to Victory" - 20 stamps/plate plus two large maps
(3 by 8 inches) in the center.

I also have one "U.S.INTER.REV. - PROPRIETARY" - four cents. It has two
small white spots (1 mm). This stamp can be seen here (124K .jpg):

http://aman.members.sonic.net/stamp.jpg

How much would that stamp be worth?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Rey Aman
Santa Rosa, Calif., USA

Rey--I don't specialize in U.S. revenues, so I'll leave that question to others. But almost all U.S. stamps issued since 1934 (or thereabouts) were printed in such large quantities that supply far exceeds demand. With rare exceptions--perhaps a few dozen--they are worth no more than face value, even as plate blocks, full sheets, etc.

Stan