Old July 25th 03, 08:49 PM
Theres NoHope In Dope Johnny Dakota

Subject: Game worn jersey (in seconds)
From: (jpeabody)
Date: 7/24/2003 8:10 PM Eastern Standard Time
"Ted Kupczyk" wrote in message
news:XVIQa.63400$H17.19749@sccrnsc02...
From ESPN.com

http://msn.espn.go.com/sportsbusines...1/1579655.html

Nothing memorable about this special "event"

----
By Darren Rovell
ESPN.com

LOS ANGELES -- Behind the end zone at the Los Angeles Coliseum, Terrell
Suggs stands in front of a table stacked with Baltimore Ravens jerseys. One
by one, he slips them over his head and shoulder pads, then quickly back

off
again as if on a quest to find one that fits.

I saw this report on Outside the Lines last week and it was pretty
embarrassing all around. They were trying to make a big deal out of
event-used material, with some innuendoes about it not being
"legitimate" because it's only been worn for a minute. They had on
the guy that sued Topps because of 9 extra Jagr cards, and some other
collector. The whole thing was steered to question the practice of
wearing these items for a short time. But no one got into the
game-used thing, which is what I wanted to hear. They should have
gotten Richard McWilliams on there to explain how they call a
polyester jersey an "official game-used jersey" when worn by Joe
DiMaggio in an old-timers game, or the Reggie Jackson cork bat card.
Or where their Christy Mathewson jersey came from.

Was there a controversy over the Mathewson jersey? Or are you just giving a
general example of a rare old jersey?
"It's no secret around Nashville that Kid Kash beats his women!" - Kid Kash,
TNA, June 2003.