Old September 3rd 04, 04:06 PM
ThibauT

Pour participer à nos (d)ébats, "Rodney"
sussurait le Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:46:07 +0800 :

You had me scrambling for the Google Dictionary
Firkin? (thinks he: You have to be joking)
Hmmm, foiled again, a British unit of capacity equal to 9 imperial gallons

Spoiler
One kg of feathers weights the same as one kg of gold.
But there are two different pound measures the avoidupois and the troy system.
1 pound avoidupois = 16 ounces avoidupois = 7000 Grains
1 pound troy = 12 ounces troy = 5760 Grains

The feathers are 1260 heavier.

Hello all,
I do not understand why metric measures are such a problem for you )
'Sacré anglais!' as we told here, always different (or maybe we are
different? ) )

--
ThibauT
Best regards from Vergèze, city of Perrier, France )