Old February 20th 05, 01:53 AM
Dale Hallmark

"Joe" wrote in message
k.net...
I'm tired of trying to find coins on Ebay. It seems many of the coins I
want have multiple bidders that push the price past its value (Peace
dollars are a good example), and then add the $4.95 shipping (for a Barber
dime in a padded envelope, gee whiz).

Anyone care to give a mail order website for US coins that they trust?
I've tried looking online but the multitude is overwhelming and I wouldn't
know who I was dealing with until I receive an order.

TIA,
Joe

I have used Jake's Marketplace with no problems in about 15
different orders for US coins and supplies over the last few years.
http://www.jakesmp.com/

For ancients and a few world coin,
http://www.fsrcoin.com/
Frank's mail bids auctions are very interesting when they occur
and the fixed price list seems more than reasonable to me.

Also for non-US coins
http://www.eurocollections.com/
Euro collectors International has been of use to me time and time again.

I don't collect nearly as much US stuff as I used to (previous 30 years) due
mostly to high prices.

In my last 60 eBay buys, none were US coins as best I remember.

I still like Washington Quarters and Modern Commemoratives etc.
Finished the Jefferson's in Unc last year and I very am proud of that.

I like the older US commemoratives too but I can't afford to undertake that
project ;-)
wellllllll.......maybe mostly in EF?..... not sure ;-) maybe next year
although Salzburg coins are calling
mighty loud at the present time!

Dale