Old September 3rd 13, 10:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

Default hinges

On 9/3/2013 2:12 PM, Pedro wrote:
Hello friends,
I've read here, long ago about a brand of hinges that could be very
easily removed without damaging the stamps, so they were considered the
best type/brand. Anyone knows?

Dennison. Some others were about as good.

I remember when I was a child, back in the 70s, being at the local stamp
shop in my town of origin, in the Canary Islands. A girl had just
arrived the shop and was asking something about a huge hinged
collection. I remember having heard the local dealer, a lady btw,
telling her that a hinged collection was not worth a cent.

Bizarre to stupid. Anyone have any 'huge hinged collections' they do not
want?

Nowadays I see on most stamp catalogues that stamps
that has been hinged retain part of its value.

It only matters for stamps that would otherwise be truly 'mint' condition.