Old January 23rd 14, 06:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Richard L. Hall[_3_]

Default Local Man Caught Selling Counterfeit Morgans He Bought on eBay

"Bremick" wrote in message

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 3:57:16 PM UTC-5, Phil DeMayo wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 07:02:15 -0800 (PST), Jud wrote:
Good to see that you are still here Phil. See that this crook is right

in your backyard too. And again, the news media can't get the story
right. "Morgan Silver Dollars were produced from 1878 to 1904 and are
worth anywhere from hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars". What about
the 1921's? 8-) Been lurking ever since everybody else dissapeared.
Say....didn't Reid tell us ad nauseum that the Secret Service wasn't
interested in counterfeits of collectible coins? Suck it Goldsborough.

Seems there are so few of us left from the "golden days." Almost isn't
worth stopping in anymore.

Jerry
-----------------

It's surprising to see that some "golden" folks are still here. I
abandoned RCC early last year when I got a new computer and really didn't
see any need to follow the "activity" anymore. Recently I had to
ressurrect the old Win XP desktop in order to access the genealogy data my
new Win 7 won't let me transfer. I saw RCC was still loaded so I took a
peek. At least the noise seems to have disappeared. Wishful thinking,
but maybe some coin-related posts will gradually return.

I still bounce from one coin interest to another, from tokens to
semi-keys, to bullion.

Bruce

I still come by every once in a while to see if anything is going on. It is
nice to see some of the old timers here.

I haven't been very active in the coin world lately other than some
discussions I have with a family (father, mother and 3 teenaged+ sons) who I
met several years ago. They really became interested in coins through our
discussions. And they've been very active in coins ever since. They go all
over the place for auctions and also go to the summer seminars at the ANA
in Colorado Springs.

I still have my XP and haven't really felt the need to get a more modern
machine. This machine has Outlook Express which allows me to go to the news
groups easily. I replaced IE8 with Google Chrome and that works quite well.
Apparently there is an incompatibility with IE9 and XP so I couldn't
download it.

I spend a lot of time taking art classes or playing bridge at the local
community center. It gets me out of the house and lets me meet some new and
interesting friends. I also get to display some of my works in sponsored
exhibits. I actually sold 4 ceramic pieces and two paintings. That was
cool!

And, I might go to the NOVA show in Vienna this Saturday or Sunday. I
haven't had much fun there since my favorite dealer passed away a few years
ago. He would take a coin, look up the CDN price and double it. Then he'd
sell it at half the marked price and give an extra 5-10% discount to boot.
And his grading was very accurate. Now the dealers take the CDN price and
double it and add 10%. And that's the price that they want. It's a
different world and not as much fun.

Enough for now!

Richard